Friday, December 6, 2013

8 is great!

Day 8

I was in a uber super good mood today..totally couldn't wait to jump on that scale and see what weight had dropped off since last Friday. Stepped on that scale and TA-DA 142.4!! I started this fast a week ago at 150.5...so if you want to get technical, and really make me feel good, you will point out that in actuality I lost OVER 8 lbs! Yay God!

I dare say this is one of the most disciplined undertakings I have jumped into...I really have to make sure to drink that water now...because I am not feeling hungry much, I am not thinking to drink much water either. no bueno. I am going to set myself a few alarms on my phone...On days that I will be home all day, I am going to have an alarm go off every hour. At the alarm I will do 20 push ups, 20 sit ups, and 20 squats. I know that doesnt sound like much, but I am starting out slow, and really if I do it 5 times a day perse, that's 100 of each that I just won't make the time for all at once.

My cousin's mom mentioned on FB tonight that she was going to start running again...oooohhh gosh, I really miss running. I was running a minimum of 5 miles a day before I moved back here to Texas in 2009. I never felt so healthy and refreshed then I would after a run. It would literally consume my thoughts until I went out and ran. There were a few nights when I had to throw my sleeping daughter in the jogger and go late at night bc there was no way i was going to get to sleep if I didn't.

Teaching myself to run, is a lot like this experience with juicing. It was a battle of wills. Except then I was doing it more to ward off bad juju, and this time around I am inviting God in to work his juju ;-) For instance, saying no to yummy foods...that is purely mental--like not cramming down my gullet the home made chili my husband just cranked out, Seriously I am impressed by my self. BUT I really can't take the credit though. I 100% believe had I just decided on my own to do this, I would've failed on day one given all the delicious left overs that where in our fridge. I am 110% positive it is because I committed this fast to God, that it is thus far a success.

God's word says  “Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back--given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity" (Luke 6:38 MSG). . this applies on sooo many fronts. I am giving my trust and health to the Lord and he is blessing me with energy, weight loss, strength, will power...etc. You see, I do a lot of giving of my time and talent bc there just isn't much dough to give...(yes, yes I know I really need to pray on following this mindset with tithing bc I am sure the blessing from financial giving would be great)...anyway, God calling me to this fast is in turn giving me the energy and the ability to keep up with it all...I say "keep up" VERY loosely...I am very forgetful of dates and times and things I am supposed to do, but once I get them lined up, I have the energy to do them. (ha!)

Today's juice was Green Lemonade. Spinach, Apples, Pears, and a lemon. Its tangy and delicious. and very green. I cannot believe i am saying this, but really I like adding spinach to my drinks, I can't taste it at all and its much more filling. One down side to spinach is that it takes a hole heck of a lot to make not so much juice. I juiced an entire bundle from the store and only got maybe 1.5-2 cups...I don't know i by juicing standards if that is good, average, poor...I also do not have a top of the line juicer, I imagine mine wastes a bit more product than some of those expensive ones. I am just thankful we didn't have to incur the additional expense of buying a juicer--yay for my beautiful crazy healthy/fit sis in law who is loaning me her Juiceman Jr!!

Ok well good night all...I am going to try to watch a movie with the hubby before he falls asleep in the recliner...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment