Monday, December 2, 2013

Day four?! Where did 2 & 3 go?!

Ok so please pardon my delay in posting the haps for day 2 and 3...the weekend are for R & R right? Psych! The weekends will surely be the death of me around these parts.

I am PLEASED as punch to report I am not experiencing any negative detoxification or fasting symptoms!! yay!! I was SUPER worried about the headaches, I have always been prone to migraines and the headaches part of fasting was a scary thought.

I am managing to consume about 20 oz of juice about 3-4 times a day...I am not quite sure if that is standard or not. I drink a heck of a lot of water too. I don't ever really find myself with hunger pains, but Jeez I am THIRSTY. I mean really thirsty. I even drink throughout the night when I get up with the baby, because I find myself to be crazing water! Which I must add is awesome since it used to be milk (chocolate breakfast shake most likely) that I drank when I was thirty in the middle of the night. It really is true-- if you think you are hungry drink a glass or two of water first, it really may just be that you are thirsty!

On Saturday I took 4 kids to explore the Austin wildlife sanctuary/ Zoo. It was a nice trip and I got a work out chasing the two year old and pushing the double stroller, loaded with the kids lunches, around gravel pathways! I packed myself a 32 oz jug of Sweat Potato,orange and celery juice and did great. then later we went to hell on earth--oops I mean Peter Piper Pizza-- to take out my daughters bff for her birthday. Upon returning home I guzzled a pineapple- rhubarb-strawberries and spinach juice...I have to say it was definitely the best one yet. The fullness from the spinach ( with out the spinach taste) and the strawberry and pineapple sweetness was just what I needed to top off a busy day.

Day Three-- Sunday supposed to be a Day of res, right? Nevahh!!! Sundays are incredibly busy day for me. I go to 830am service at  church 1, then run over to  church 2 and serve as a "buddy" for special needs kids so that their parents can enjoy an uninterrupted time of worship. After that we run around like crazy doing errands, visiting the folks, chores, etc...then guess what? we head back to church 2 for evening praise and worship! So to make things easy I drank fresh squeezed OJ all day. That way I didn't really have to muss over preparrations and could focus on worship and service the Lord calls me to enjoy.

So here we are DAY FOUR! wow, I thought 4 days of just juice would be more difficult. I am sure God has some surprises lined up, but nothing I cannot face with He as my guide! I have to say this fast is much more about the mental discipline than the actual fast. Its letting the Lord train me to make wiser choices, and to be satisfied in him, and with less of the things--junk food, snacks, sodas etc.--that I don't need. I thought at first maybe I would see it more as proving to others and myself that I can do this, but really I could cheat and no one would be the wiser! EXCEPT--GOD WOULD KNOW....crazy how that thought is so encouraging, I should really use it more often, like before I say or think something rotten, or watch something that is bad for my heart, or raise my voice. If I just reminded myself more often, "hey Nat, Jesus is with you ALWAYS, not just in your juice!" I think I would be a better wife, mom, friend....I think I will try to apply this duh-moment to other areas...I will have my hubby and kids let me know how I do there (eek).

Ok. Bye for now BLOGGERs. God Bless.

Oh and tiny confession....I was going to try to avoid weighing myself everyday, am shooting for only on Friday mornings...But I just had to look...and...I lost nearly 4 pounds!! On Friday I was 150.5 and this morning I am 146.8!

No comments:

Post a Comment